Classes start again in exactly two weeks, and I almost started to complain. But I realized this is an opportunity. I can finally stop laying on my laurels like I have been all summer and actually accomplish things. Last year, I let myself get lazy--that will never happen again. I will be an academic weapon. I will attend every class, I will wake up early, I will only wear my cutest outfits, my hair will always be done. It is time to be the best version of myself. Any recreation outside of academics will be a privilege. I will only reward myself with parties, movie nights, and hangouts after all of my homework is complete. I will attract only the best people. I will make good, lifelong friends.
Sophomore year will be different; I know what I'm doing this time. This will be the year of growth and exploration. I will learn something new about myself this year. It is time to truly "lock in," as the kids say.
Even now, I am worried because I procrastinated on my Japanese summer homework that is due on the first day of classes. Of course, I did work on it throughout summer but, was it enough to be in a good spot two weeks before classes start? No.
But this will be the last time I procrastinate. Procrastination has always been such a bad habit of mine. I think I need to force myself out of that habit once and for all.
I honestly can't wait for my first day back. I love living the uni life-- going to cafes, reading interesting books, writing essays, enjoying campus scenery, people watching. If I could just rid of myself of my bad academic habits, life as a college student would be truly perfect.
That is exactly my plan...
4 Goals before classes start:
- Finish my Japanese work this week
- Get all of my dorm decor and necessities
- Get some new cute outfits
- Get my hair done
.jpg)

omg im working on dorm decor as well!
ReplyDeleteto be completely honest...i haven't gotten anything for my dorm yet LOL
Deleteomg girl same, im going into my sophomore year in highschool in September and all i can think about is romanticizing this schoolyear
ReplyDeleteSpecking from someone who graduated college two years ago and now has a big girl job... please romanticize it😭Nothing is easier than being a student, it's a privilege to be one! You got this, good luck🍀🍀🍀🍀
ReplyDelete