Monday, August 3, 2026

I Will Be Romanticizing My Life This School Year

    Classes start again in exactly two weeks, and I almost started to complain. But I realized this is an opportunity. I can finally stop laying on my laurels like I have been all summer and actually accomplish things. Last year, I let myself get lazy--that will never happen again. I will be an academic weapon. I will attend every class, I will wake up early, I will only wear my cutest outfits, my hair will always be done. It is time to be the best version of myself. Any recreation outside of academics will be a privilege. I will only reward myself with parties, movie nights, and hangouts after all of my homework is complete. I will attract only the best people. I will make good, lifelong friends. 

    Sophomore year will be different; I know what I'm doing this time. This will be the year of growth and exploration. I will learn something new about myself this year. It is time to truly "lock in," as the kids say. 

    Even now, I am worried because I procrastinated on my Japanese summer homework that is due on the first day of classes. Of course, I did work on it throughout summer but, was it enough to be in a good spot two weeks before classes start? No. 

    But this will be the last time I procrastinate. Procrastination has always been such a bad habit of mine. I think I need to force myself out of that habit once and for all. 

    I honestly can't wait for my first day back. I love living the uni life-- going to cafes, reading interesting books, writing essays, enjoying campus scenery, people watching. If I could just rid of myself of my bad academic habits, life as a college student would be truly perfect. 

That is exactly my plan...

4 Goals before classes start:

  1. Finish my Japanese work this week
  2. Get all of my dorm decor and necessities  
  3. Get some new cute outfits
  4. Get my hair done
I am so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are Slow Burns Dead?

     Is there some kind of epidemic going around that only affects the demographic of young adults aged 18-22?       Why does there seem to ...

You reached the bottom!